Friday, March 13, 2009

fixxxies

As we all know, or may not know, the track bike, or fixed gear/fixie, scene has blown up here in SF.
It's good to know dudes in spandex or Tour de France dudes with testicular cancer aren't the only ones that can ride a fixie.

A long while back, a friend introduced me to a video by Macaframa.

Check it out:


I'm not sure if they're a bike crew, or a filming crew, or both. I think they're both.
They have movie out (if I'm not mistaken), and the vids they have up on vimeo are teasers for their movie.
A lot of their filming is smooth (as opposed to most fixie film-work) and their choice in soundtrack is just as good.


Anyway, I just thought it was pretty amazing/ridiculous what you can do with a full-sized bike with no brakes (as opposed to BMX bikes).

I guess I've picked up an interest in fixies, even though they are overrated, and sure it's just a bunch of hipster kids on 2 wheels; but I can be shallow and say I dig dudes on nice bikes... but I'm not! Okay, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment